There are few cities in the world that will mesmerise you in the first go. The city of Berlin is one such city with so much to offer. Berlin has been known to a lovely tourist destination and has had people come in to see its beauty from all parts of the world for themselves.
Here are some reasons why Berlin is the best place you will see in Germany:
- The Holocaust Memorial: The beautiful construction of slabs to make the whole place can send chills down one’s spine. Beneath the memorial is a very small museum. The whole experience won’t cost you a thing but is definitely worth your time if you would like to understand more about how the Jews were treated during the Holocaust.
- Berlin Zoo: The largest zoo in the country is right here. With plenty of gorillas, elephants, polar bears; this zoo is a lovely excursion that the kids will love. Knut, the famous polar bear lives right here. The zoo also have a petting zoo where one can touch and play with goats, sheep and hold baby chicks in their hands.
- The Fernsehtrum: The 368 m tall, structure is the tallest in the whole country. The breath-taking view allows you enjoy visibility for long distances. You will have to get in line to watch this one; there is a very long queue to beat. This is precisely why Berlin is the best place you will see in Germany.
- The Brandenburger Tor: This is what really makes this city iconic. The 300 year old building has played many roles for the country. This is one of most visited places in the whole city because it stands for war, peace and victory all at the same time.
- The East side Gallery: The longest gallery in the open is one piece art piece you might have never seen before. There are over hundreds of paintings on the kilometre long stretch of the berlin Wall still intact even till today.
- The Ku’damm: This area is built for shopaholics who love to shop till they drop. The biggest mall in Europe is right around this corner. You can even fine dine in one of the high end restaurants here.
If you are still wondering why Berlin is the best place you will see in Germany, then you need to city for yourself to understand it more. One can explore the streets by foot, car, boke, boat and even the Fernsehtrum aerial view.